Terms & conditions
Last updated: January 6, 2017.
1. By using any of the Skyid products, software, or services available at *.Skyid.com (or *.Skyid.dk and other top-level domains) (collectively referred to as "Services") provided by Skyid.com ApS ("Skyid"), you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions
2. Skyid reserves the right to update and change the Terms and conditions at any time without notice.
3. The failure of Skyid to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
4. You agree that Skyid owns all legal rights in the Service. You must not remove, modify or obscure any legal notices. You are not entitled to use Skyid’s trademarks (especially Skyid / skyoid.com), trade names, brands, domain names, or other distinctive brand features.
5. Violation of any of the terms below can result in the termination of your user-account or access to the Services. Violation of any of the terms will also terminate your usage rights of the Services.
6. If a provision of this agreement is or becomes illegal, invalid or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, that shall not affect: (i) the validity or enforceability in that jurisdiction of any other provision of this agreement; or (ii) the validity or enforceability in other jurisdictions of that or any other provision of this agreement.
7. These Terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and Skyid and replace all previous agreements under this title. There are no verbal subsidiary agreements.
8. These Terms and conditions, and your relationship with Skyid under these Terms and conditions, shall be governed by the laws of Denmark. You and Skyid agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in Copenhagen, Denmark, to resolve any legal matter arising from the Terms and conditions.
2. Provision of the Services by Skyid
1. Your use of the Services is at your sole risk. The Services are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis.
2. Skyid does not warrant that (i) the Services will meet your requirements or expectations, (ii) the Services will be delivered uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Services will be accurate or reliable, (iv) any errors in the Services will be corrected.
3. You understand and agree that Skyid shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to any loss of profit, loss of goodwill, loss of business reputation, loss of data, cost of procurement of substitute goods or Services, or other intangible loss, resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the Services; (ii) any changes which Skyid may make to the Services, or any permanent or temporary cessation in the provision of the Services; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) the deletion of, corruption of, or failure to store, any content and other communications data maintained or transmitted by or through the use of the Services; (v) or any other matter relating to the Services.
4. Technical support is provided on a best-effort basis and only by e-mail.
5. You understand that Skyid can use third parties (e.g., hosting partners) to provide the necessary resources (e.g., hardware, software, networking, storage, etc.) to run the Services.
6. Skyid may stop, remove, modify, or add (permanently or temporarily) Services (or features within Services) at Skyid’s sole discretion. Any new, changed, or removed features are subject to the Terms and conditions. Continued use of the Services after any such changes constitute your consent to the changes.
3. Use of the Services by you
1. You agree to use the Services only for purposes that are permitted by (i) the Terms and conditions and (ii) any applicable law, regulation or generally accepted practices or guidelines in the relevant jurisdictions.
2. For certain services, Skyid may offer or require you to register for a user-account. You ensure that all registration information you provide will always be valid, correct, and up to date. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your user-account and password. User-accounts registered by bots or other automated methods are not permitted.
3. For certain services, Skyid may offer to upload your personal profile photo. You are responsible to not upload an abusive photo, to not infringe on any copyrights or trademarks, and to not use a design which other Skyid users may deem offensive.
4. For certain services, Skyid may offer to define a personal URL (web address). You understand that Skyid can rename or reject your personal URL, e.g., if you intentionally or unintentionally interfere with a trademark owner or because your personal URL is deemed offensive.
5. You agree that you will not impersonate another person.
6. You agree that you will not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the Services (or the servers and networks which are connected to the Services).
7. You agree that you will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade or resell the Services for any purpose without the express written permission by Skyid.
8. You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that Skyid has no responsibility to you or to any third party for) any breach of your obligations under the Terms and conditions and for the consequences (including any loss or damage which Skyid may suffer) of any such breach.
10. Skyid reserves the right (but has no obligation) to pre-screen, review, flag, filter, modify, refuse or remove any or all content or user-account from any of the Services at Skyid’s sole discretion. You understand that by using the Services you may be exposed to content that you may find offensive, indecent or objectionable and that, in this respect, you use the Services at your own risk.
1. Some of the Services are supported by advertising revenue and may display advertisements and promotions. These advertisements may be targeted to the content of information stored on or made available to the Services.
2. The manner, mode and extent of advertising on the Services are subject to change without specific notice to you.
3. You agree that Skyid may place such advertising on the Services.
4. If you are using a free service, you must not block such advertising.
5. API Terms
Any use of the application programming interface (API) is bound by the terms of this agreement plus the following specific terms:
1. Abuse or excessively frequent requests via the API may result in the temporary or permanent suspension of access to the API. Skyid determines abuse or excessive usage of the API at its sole discretion.
2. Skyid reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, your access to the API (or any part thereof) with or without notice. Skyid especially reserves the right to limit the number of requests via the API to a certain upper limit per time interval.
3. Your use of the API is free of charge up to a certain extent. Larger amounts of API transactions will be charged.
4. Skyid reserves the right to change the API's pricing model at any time. In such a case, you will of course be free to discontinue using the API.
4. As a user of the API, you may, within your product, indicate that your product utilizes the Skyid API. At other places or in other contexts, however, you may not use either the Skyid brand name or the Skyid logo. In particular, you may not use either the Skyid brand or the Skyid logo in the name of your product.